Medicare For All
Healthcare is a human right. People are dying due to being unable to afford medical care and having to ration their insulin and other drugs, all while insurance companies, drug companies, and private hospitals are making record profits.
It is time that we demand better.
I will fight for:
- The Medicare for All Act of 2019, establishing a public single payer system that will insure all residents, comprehensively cover all medical needs (including dental, vision, pharmaceuticals, mental health care, and long term care), and end unaffordable copays, premiums, and deductibles by funding healthcare in this country with tax contributions that are based on the ability to pay
- Protecting the right to abortion care as essential to a person's health and ensuring equal rights for people of all genders
- The Disability Integration Act of 2019, funding community-based care and ensuring affordable, accessible and integrated housing for people who would otherwise be placed in institutions
- The building and operation of clinics, specialty centers, and hospitals in underserved areas directly by the federal government
- Elimination of medical debts