A Green New Deal and a Livable Environment for All
The climate crisis poses an existential threat to humanity. According to climate scientists, we have 11 years before we face a tipping point where the effects of climate change become irreversible and we face the prospect of catastrophic consequences that will endanger human life on this planet. The time for action was yesterday, we must act boldly to center people and planet over profit.
It's time to demand better, it's time for a Green New Deal.
I will fight for:
- 100% renewable energy for transportation and electricity by 2030, and achieving total de-carbonization by no later than 2050
- Healing and restoring our environment
- Guaranteeing economic security for all via a jobs guarantee to build the new green economy
- Guaranteeing clean air, water, and food for all
- Guaranteeing green housing for all
- Phasing out the use of fossil fuels and creating a publicly-owned renewable energy system
- Fare-free nationwide public transportation
- Helping bring about a global Green New Deal by assisting less developed countries reduce their carbon footprints